Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 192, Missoula Rabble, Angela and Vicki

Angela, in wheelchair, and Vicki are homeless. "We are like sisters," Vicki said. "We try to take care of each other as much as we can." They met a couple of years ago at the public library. Vicki told me her fiancé and she have a room to stay at for the next couple of days. I asked Vicki what trials she runs into being homeless during a winter in Montana. "A lot of people who are out here are drug addicts or alcoholics," she said. "Those people who are trying to get help can't because of that." Angela told me she sleeps outside right now. I asked Angela how she manages to maintain a positive spirit especially when the weather is as cold and windy as it is right now. "I build fires when I can and stay in my sleeping bag for as long as I can when it is this cold," she said. "God has never given me anything I can't handle."

No comments:

Post a Comment